1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
2/3 cup Sour Cream
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed
1/3 cup drained maraschino cherries, divided
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- Prepare and bake cake mix in two 8- or 9-inch round layers as directed on package. Run knife or metal spatula around sides of pans to loosen cakes. Cool in pans 15 min.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add cold water. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Carefully pour half of the gelatin mixture over each cake layer. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Mix sour cream and powdered sugar; gently stir in whipped topping. Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with 1 cup of the whipped topping mixture. Reserve a few cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries; sprinkle over frosted layer.
- Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on cake layer on plate. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping mixture.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Store in refrigerator.
Yummy! How's that for delicious? Did you have a chance to check out our Tuesday Taste Party? If not, click here and make sure to vote for your favorite recipe!